Elumelu Professionals Programme
What is the EPP?
The Elumelu Professionals Programme recruits experienced professionals graduating from prestigious Masters in Business Administration and Masters in Public Administration (or Public Policy) programmes to work in SME companies and public sector agencies. The recruits work on specific strategic projects over the course of a three month placement. Since 2011, the Foundation has placed over 70 professionals in more than 30 companies across seven countries in Africa.
How do I qualify?
- Must be enrolled in or recently graduated from a Master’s in Business, International Business, Public Policy or similar degree programme
- Must have a minimum of three years’ work experience
- Must have a keen interest in private sector development in Africa demonstrated through course electives, previous work experience, participation in conferences or campus clubs.
- Companies must be small to medium-scale, and African-owned and operated(at management team level)
- Companies must have an annual revenue of up to $250,000 and must be in operation for at last three years at time of application.
- Companies must be willing to assign a senior level supervisor to mentor each Associate and articulate clear project deliverables
How do I apply?
Qualified individuals or companies may apply by visiting here (link to http://eapp.tonyelumelufoundation.org/apply) to register as an Associate or a Host Company.
Elumelu Legacy Prize
What is the Elumelu Legacy Prize?
The Elumelu Legal Prize recognises and celebrates academic excellence in Nigerian universities and professional organizations. It is designed to promote and support the highest performing undergraduate and postgraduate students in Economics, Business Administration, and Medicine in eleven institutions drawn from Nigeria’s six geopolitical zones.
The prizes include: the Tony O Elumelu Prize for the Overall Best Graduating Student; Tony O Elumelu Prize for the Best Student in Economics; the Awele V Elumelu Prize for the Best Student in Medicine; and two Postgraduate awards—the Tony O Elumelu Prize for the Best Graduating Masters in Economics student and the Tony O Elumelu Prize for the Best Graduating Masters in Business Administration. For the professional organisations, there is the award for the Best Student in the Practice of Banking at the CIBN.
What institutions participate in the programme?
- University of Lagos
- Delta State University
- University of Benin
- University of Maiduguri
- Benue State University
- Ambrose Alli University
- University of Nigeria
- Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto
- University of Port-Harcourt
- University of Jos
- Chartered Institute of Bankers in Nigeria
How are the students selected?
At the end of each academic year, names of the successful students are submitted by the respective departments through the participating institution to the TEF for the individual award categories.
These students are then presented with their Awards by a TEF representative at the Convocation ceremonies of the schools.
How do I apply?
Awardees do not apply individually. They are chosen by their institutions based on their academic standing at the end of their respective degrees.